The Linux Newbie

A Linux Newbie Helping Others Come Into The Linux World.


Have any TUTORIALS or HOWTOS you would like to post online?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So I Started Using Linux (again)

So, I've gone and done it... I started using linux (again). I have tried it twice before, but it never turned out too well. This time, I've put alot more time and energy into this, I actually have it working. I want to use my linux desktop for work-type stuff, I guess we'll see if that works...
I might put some of my thoughts about it on the site here, I guess we shall see. I think it would be cool to have an ultra-stable, different work environment to use. It is nice to break free from Microsoft, the monopoly gets to me every now and then...
I'm using a distro called Kubuntu (from the very popular Ubuntu line of linux distros). It's pretty sweet, and I really like the KDE interface. It kicks Window's butt as far as customizing and eye candy... if you like that kind of stuff.

Digg It!Digg It!   del.icio.usdel.icio.us

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home